Wolverines running both locos up front now?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakwolverine

Engineer
anyone know the reasoning behind having both engines running up front back to back instead of one at each end of the train. on the 26th of march 353 and both locos up front and online. on the 27th 350 had the same 2 engines up front front and as 351 passed by it also had 2 engines up front. is this the new norm? why the switch from one at each end of the train to having them both up front?

I don't know the specific reason why both engines are on the front, but they were doing 110 mph with one at the front and one at the rear, so that wouldn't be the reason for the change in engine placement.

I haven't been keeping tabs on which one's I've seen lately, but the last two I've seen have been that way. However a few weeks ago one of the Wolvereine's dropped a PV consist off at the New Center (on main st, where the Artrain was). It might be that they haven't moved the 2nd loco to the rear of the consist since doing that move.

peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back