Writing (US Mail) to Amtrak

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ferroequinologist

Lead Service Attendant
I can't find an address for Amtrak Customer Service to send a letter via US Mail. An online complaint seems to require a specific train incident however this does not allow for general observations or suggestions. Is there any US Postal address? Or does Amtrak now refuse to accept letters sent via US Mail?

I can't find an address for Amtrak Customer Service to send a letter via US Mail. An online complaint seems to require a specific train incident however this does not allow for general observations or suggestions. Is there any US Postal address? Or does Amtrak now refuse to accept letters sent via US Mail?
Your best bet is to Call Customer Relations ( 1-800-USA- RAIL), when " "Julie" answers and starts her canned Blurb, keep saying Agent till you get an Amtrak Rep, then ask for Customer Relations and let them hear your minuses ( and pluses!) about Amtrak. They start a File with a Case # and you can follow up their actions using this Case #.?

Snail Mail and e-mails take forever,and generally all you get is a boiler plate response, and sometimes an offer of a Goodwill Voucher for future Travel.

Taking to a Real Person is always the way to go when dealing with concerns of any type.

The address follows:

National Railroad Passenger Corporation
Washington Union Station
60 Massachusetts Avenue, N.E.
Washington, D.C. 20002

Send your letter by Certified Mail. That helps your letter gain "more attention" than a routinely received letter. Adding "Return Receipt Requested" might even help.

I have done so when I have written to Customer Relations. I have received a reasonably prompt response from a "live" person that directly addressed the subject of my letter.

Wrong address. Amtrak HQ moved out of Union Station to an office building a block away.

1 Massachusetts Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001

Thanks for the correction. I copied the address from a 2014 Amtrak timetable and did not look up the address to where I sent my letter.

After getting ignored by customer relations, I wrote to the Chairman of the Board. I had the information I was seeking in about three weeks.

Last edited:
Back