Wyndham Guest Rewards

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our hotel has always been a Wyndham Guest Rewards participant. However, we never really participated in the past as much as we should have. Part of our marketing plan for 2010 is to participate in WGR more and get more signups. To that end, we now have links to the WGR program on our main website.

My question is: How many travelers actually participate in WGR? Also, how does AGR fit in with WGR? Thanks.

I'm not sure just how many people participate in WGR, however I've been a member since before it was WGR, back when it was Trip Rewards.

As for how it fits in with AGR, a WGR member has two choices. The first is to receive AGR points, 1 for every dollar spent on the room, which is then transferred directly into the person's AGR account. The WGR member earns no hotel points for this method, as WGR does not have a double dip option like Hilton Honors does. In fact, I'm aware of no other hotel rewards program that has a double dip option like Hilton.

The second option is to take hotel points for your stay at a Wyndham family property. When you reach certain levels of accumulated points, one can then transfer over a bunch of points to AGR. I use this option, as it gives me the choice of using the points for a hotel should I need them or I can send them to AGR as I need them. I like having options. :)

I joined the WGR program for the 10,000 bonus award. I have six stays and have been pleased with the hotels, except one Super 8.

I have always been a Starwood or Hilton customer but now I always look for Wyndham hotels as well. I have my points sent to AGR.

Back