Zephyr interrupted

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amtrak sent an e-mail alerting reservation holders that they were providing an alternative for disrupted Train 5 from DEN on August 1. I checked and DEN>EMY is blocked in the on-line reservation system from this weekend. When they tell me not to worry, I start worrying.
I wonder whether it's another casualty of the wildfires. Last night's news talked about about a big fire out of control somewhere on the CA-NV border, but they didn't say exactly where.

I wonder whether it's another casualty of the wildfires. Last night's news talked about about a big fire out of control somewhere on the CA-NV border, but they didn't say exactly where.
I think the reference to the CA-NV border referred to the Feather River fire. I'm checking to see if we're going to be routed via the Overland Route due to MOW work on the Moffat Line. We also can look forward to mudslides in burn areas and more fires.

Someone on FB just asked about #6(31) as he got a call and email. Here's part of the email he got

...from Emeryville, California on Saturday, July 31st, has been affected due to a service disruption. Don't worry, we've already set up alternate transportation for some or all of your route, and there's nothing you need to do.

IIRC the bus is actually faster than the train from Denver to Grand Junction, as long as I-70 is open (yep -- 3 or 4 hours shorter), so it should give some time to explore either Denver or Grand Junction depending on which end they put the spare time on.

IIRC the bus is actually faster than the train from Denver to Grand Junction, as long as I-70 is open (yep -- 3 or 4 hours shorter), so it should give some time to explore either Denver or Grand Junction depending on which end they put the spare time on.
As long as I-70 is open. The burn area from last year's fire keeps wanting to slide over westbound I-70. I've explored both cities before this. And I've been bus bridged from DEN to SAC before. However it's better than not having service.

1st leg of snowslides bus bridge, DEN>SLC.................

Winter2004-05 015.jpg

Customers trying to make reservations into or through the Denver<>Grand Junction segment on the CZ get this message during the shutdown period:

We don't have train service matching your request.

Back