18,972km later... the N.A.R.P. adventure finishes

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesontheroad

OBS Chief
Hi everyone, from sunny Montréal, where I'm just back from a rather long trip... (Montréal - Schenectady - Chicago - Denver - San Francisco - Santa Barbara - Seattle - Vancouver - Edmonton - Winnipeg - Churchill - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montréal - Halifax - Montréal.......)

Just to let you know, my thirty day North America Rail Pass adventure has come to an end, and I've managed to get the blog up to date with all the details. It's online now for your distraction at:

http://jamesbrownontherails.blogspot.com/

Just remember that because it's a blog, it's published with the most recent entries at the top, and therefore reads backwards. If you've not been to the blog before, click here to jump to the first entry, and then start scrolling up :D

Note also the Q&A post near the end of the blog - feel free to add a comment to ask a question about my trip, I'd be happy to answer your questions if you feel I've left anything out.

Thanks to everyone who helped me plan the trip, it was an amazing once-in-a-lifetime experience, and I hope the blog inspires others to make their own trip soon.

all the best,

*j* :blink:

65820036a.jpg

I've just had time to upload some professional scans of my 35mm black and white photographs. There's a set of portraits of fellow travellers at the top, and lots of others scattered through the blog.

I'm working on finding a way of re-publishing the blog so that it reads from top to bottom - blogs are great for live day to day easy reading, but now that I've finished the trip the whole thing is still presented backwards !

*j* :blink:

{edit} ... fixed the chronology problem with a patch for the Blogger engine. Click on the link on the right hand side of the page to load the blog in chronological order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back