2 hit, killed by MAX train along I-84 (Portland, OR)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmtrakBlue

Engineer
Gathering Team Member
Preliminary information led police to believe a car was damaged in a single-car, non-injury crash on the freeway due to suspected speeding.

After the crash, two people in the car jumped over the barrier to retrieve a car part that was in the TriMet restricted area. Both were hit by the train.

Portland Police are investigating the incident and I-84 was closed for around six hours in all westbound lanes between northeast 43 avenue and I-5.

https://www.kptv.com/2023/11/05/2-hit-killed-by-max-train-along-i-84/

6 hours the highway was closed.

I do wonder if the passenger were allow to get off the light rail tram?

These accidents investigation are taken longer and longer to do. Closing more lanes and or the complete road while it been done. At some point you just got to ask why?

Why six hours?
Why was the westbound traffic completely closed?

6 hours the highway was closed.

I do wonder if the passenger were allow to get off the light rail tram?

These accidents investigation are taken longer and longer to do. Closing more lanes and or the complete road while it been done. At some point you just got to ask why?

Why six hours?
Why was the westbound traffic completely closed?
Another thing I have observed is that these investigations in the West inevitable take three to four time the time it takes around the Eastern seaboard and specially the Northeast. I don’t exactly know why.

Last edited:
Back