Advice needed

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

aloha

I am planning a cross-country trip this november using the rail pass. I will be travelling with my mom, wife and 18 mo. I am planning on this route Martinez-Seattle-Vancouver-Jasper-Edmonton-Toronto-Niagra falls-Buffalo-Detroit-Chicago-Pittsburg-Newyork-Charlotsville-Atlanta-New orleans-Houston-LA-(Las vegas if possible)-Martinez. I haven't booked the tickets yet. I am planning to travel all coach with occasional on-board upgrades if available. I would like to get suggestions on the route, accomodation in the cities, on how to go about booking the trip(What to ask for when booking/how to handle the booking), how to handle VIA booking, Will this be too much of travel for 30 days?, anyother tips or advice that you could offer?

I estimate a 3K$ budget... is this do-able?!!

Thanks for your time

aloha said:
I am planning a cross-country trip this november using the rail pass. I will be travelling with my mom, wife and 18 mo. I am planning on this route Martinez-Seattle-Vancouver-Jasper-Edmonton-Toronto-Niagra falls-Buffalo-Detroit-Chicago-Pittsburg-Newyork-Charlotsville-Atlanta-New orleans-Houston-LA-(Las vegas if possible)-Martinez. I haven't booked the tickets yet. I am planning to travel all coach with occasional on-board upgrades if available. I would like to get suggestions on the route, accomodation in the cities, on how to go about booking the trip(What to ask for when booking/how to handle the booking), how to handle VIA booking, Will this be too much of travel for 30 days?, anyother tips or advice that you could offer?
I estimate a 3K$ budget... is this do-able?!!

Thanks for your time
Sounds like a real adventure. Have fun! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back