Air travel with an infant

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update:

I have now made the BOS - HKG trek twice, once with a baby.

I really had nothing to worry about. In both instances, Cathay Pacific attendants provided truly wonderful service to those with babies. On the flight, you have the option of selecting a seat with a makeshift bassinet - due to our last minute travel plans, we couldn’t get one, so CP gave us a seat free of charge, and we had an entire window-row to ourselves.

In terms of other passengers’ comfort and toleration of babies: again, nothing to worry about.

We were one of about a dozen families with babies, none of which appeared to be taking vacations to Asia with their infants. The ones I spoke to were all in the same boat. They were traveling for family reasons.

Turns out splurging for business class on Cathay Pacific is a non-starter as your average business class ticket nowadays hovers around $12,000 per seat one way. First class (only offered through SFO) last I checked was $41,000.🙃

For a personal plus, I finally got to travel on an A350-1000 and found it lived up to the hype.

Back