Albany/Rensselaer baggage storage

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you store your bags for 3-4 hours at the Albany New York station while you are waiting for the Lakeshore Limited to arrive? If so, how much does it cost and where in the station are they stored?

Can you store your bags for 3-4 hours at the Albany New York station while you are waiting for the Lakeshore Limited to arrive? If so, how much does it cost and where in the station are they stored?
Baggage storage is available. It is at the Baggage Checkin counter the last time I was there. Typically the fee for storing baggage at Amtrak stations is around $10 per day or part thereof. I don't know the specifics of fees at ALB.

Keep in mind the bag check is not at the ticket counter, nor is it at the bag claim at the bottom level. It’s on the third level near the gates, against the wall, which seems odd to me, but, anyway …
Just came from there on the way to Philly. The newsstand was closed, but the friendly little snack bar was open.

Last edited:
Here's a question hopefully someone can answer. We are on 449 next September and we start in Boston. No checked bags. We used points for this, 689.00. Got lucky. On 12/15 the roomette price dropped from the 689.00 rate to 452.00. We modified our tickets and got 11000 points back. Then on 12/21 the price went back up to 689.00, kinda strange. Anyways here is our question. We should be in Alanay for 45 minutes, maybe longer or less. Can we bring our bags to the baggage check in and check them to Chicago? We have been on 449 twice and there was an empty roomette or bedroom where the SCA stored our suitcases. 449 in September is already showing that all the bedrooms are gone. Can the roomettes be far behind?

There are generic luggage tags, where the station code is written in. I don’t think your SCA would carry it back, but they might have a systems set up to do this. As this can’t be first passenger who wants or needed to do this. Having the station baggage clerk grab the excess bags from the Boston sleeper and take them to the NY baggage car does not seem too much.

Again ask your SCA about your options.

Back