America meet Julie

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
battalion51 said:
A Conductor friend of mine e-mailed me this article from the Times, and I thought I'd share it with you guys. Nice to see Amtrak get some good press.
Your Train Will Be Late, She Says Cheerily:NY Times
Thanks for the link bro, I heard about this yesterday and couldn't find it!!! I had seen something in our own employee publication "Amtrak Ink" in the past, so it is nice to see it published publically. OBS........

Very interesting article, especially the fact that "Julie" has been successful even when other attempts at similar voice systems have failed. I like the audio slide show with recordings of Amtrak's "Julie" woven into the interview with the real Julie. There were also a couple good pictures of Amtrak equipment thrown into the slide show.

Bringing back an old topic, sorry. I'm on hold with Cingular (grrr) and they have an automated voice system similar to Julie. But Julie offers a significant advantage, when I say "Agent" I get an agent, when I say "operator" on Cingular it keeps asking me questions. Kudos Amtrak!

Back