Amtrak and Concord Trailways teamup

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Amtrak and Concord railways have joined together to offer a flexpass between Portland and Boston. The flex pass will be $99 and is good for six one way trips. Concord offers 12 round trips daily, while the Downeaster offers four. This information came from the NARP Hotline.

The announcement was made prematurely. Although the articla mentions an October 1st start-up there is no contract signed and the details are far from settled on this proposal. NNEPRA has a bad habit of making these kinds of announcements without talking to anyone at Amtrak about the plan....

I don't see why Amtrak would want to team up with Concord Trailways anyway. Right now the two are in tough competition. You can leave right from South Station on Concord Trailways and be in Portland in less time then it would take you on the Downeaster from North Station. Though one would surely give up a cramped bus seat for a comfortable seat on a train with a snack bar selling a full range of regional specialties. I think I'm with railman on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back