Amtrak clueless with the Super Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amfleet said:
This is also making me worried about my trip on the Super Train comming up this week, more so my connection in New York to Boston. The last train out of New York to Boston is at 7:30pm! Any later I will be catching the defunct Federal #66 in the early morning hours. Does anyone know the hours of the enclosed Amtrak waiting area in Penn Station? :unsure:
Club Acela will be closed, but I think that the regular waiting area stays open as long as there is an Amtrak train on the board.

Amfleet said:
Just an update, P1192(25) hasn't even left the state of Florida yet and is running 6 hours late out of DeLand at 9:04pm! :eek: What's ironic about this is the Silver Meteor would actually be running earlier than the Super Train is now. Will they have to bus because of the curfews north of JAX?
This is also making me worried about my trip on the Super Train comming up this week, more so my connection in New York to Boston. The last train out of New York to Boston is at 7:30pm! Any later I will be catching the defunct Federal #66 in the early morning hours. Does anyone know the hours of the enclosed Amtrak waiting area in Penn Station? :unsure:
Wouldn't wanna be on that one!!!!! :lol: :D

A couple of notes on the lateness, Tri-Rail did have a fatality yesterday morning in South Florida, near MP SX1006, Cab Car struck a vehicle on P680. There was most definitely some delay due to running around 680, especially if the meet with 683 worked out so that 92 was held for 683, which is entirely possible since Tri-Rail takes priority in these parts. Also, heat orders were in effect for both trains yesterday from 1-7 so that didn't help anything. Thrown in double/triple stops, first time working a train like this, and well you have a recipe for disaster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back