Amtrak Cuts Acela Express Fares

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
Amtrak will sharply reduce Acela Express fares between Boston and New York beginning Monday, April 28, capping business class fares at $99 and cutting the fee to "step up" to first class to $50 or less.  Fares will be even lower for off-peak departures and for travel to intermediate destinations such as New Haven or Providence.  

The full press release from Amtrak can be found here.

Too bad they didn't do this two weeks sooner, as I could have saved money on my tickets to and from Boston. :( At least I'll get double points for my return trip. :)

Nobody will argue with the reduced fares, but I have to wonder how effective this move will be, since it's obvious that Amtrak is cutting back on some Acela Express runs with this upcoming new timetable, particularly on weekends. The more choices you have, the more likely you are to attract ridership.

AlanB said:
Too bad they didn't do this two weeks sooner, as I could have saved money on my tickets to and from Boston. :( At least I'll get double points for my return trip. :)
I just got done paying 300 dollars for a Washington to New York round trip. I hope they put that towards better equipment in the midwest. Damn!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back