Amtrak Diesels.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd gues the Pennsylvanian would carry an AEM-7 or HHP-8 between NYP and PHL and a single P-42 to Pittsburgh.

I saw P32AC-DMs in Phase V,IV,III on the Lake Shore Limited,Adirondack,Ethan Allen Expres and the Empire Service Trains and so when was the first P32AC-DM in Phase V?

They started repainting some of the lowered numbered dual modes into Phase V in 2002.

AMTRAK-P42 said:
Amtrak does not own any more powered F40's. The reamainning F40's are used as cab baggage cars on various Amtrak Routes.
Well to be completely accurate, Amtrak no longer uses any F40's. They do however still own and carry 7 - F40 on their active list. These 7 units are leased to other passenger services. In fact I think that one or two are in use on the Colorado Ski Train. I'm not sure who else is leasing the rest.

Were the few that were painted into newer schemes (399 and one or two others) retired? I know that Jim Hebner has a few recent pictures of them on his site.

I saw the Photos of the F40s newer schemes are numbers on his site here what I find 398,399,401,404,406,374,381,386,415 and 358.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back