Amtrak featured in Wachovia commercial

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
I just saw a Wachovia commercial on FOX during the Eagles-Packers game. It started off askign "What can a train teach us about Financial wisdom?" I then zoned out as I watched the imagery in the commercial. It had a very nice clip of the Surfliner special along the California beach, the train was pulled by a Surfliner F59PHI, and had the Horizon and ex-GN Full dome as its consist. Great commercial, can't wait to see it again.

battalion51 said:
I just saw a Wachovia commercial on FOX during the Eagles-Packers game. It started off askign "What can a train teach us about Financial wisdom?" I then zoned out as I watched the imagery in the commercial. It had a very nice clip of the Surfliner special along the California beach, the train was pulled by a Surfliner F59PHI, and had the Horizon and ex-GN Full dome as its consist. Great commercial, can't wait to see it again.
I saw that commercial during the same game. I got interested when I saw the F59PHI, but really gained interest when the dome car was shown. It's nice to see that old GN full dome still gets shown off 30+ years after it was built. It's interesting that of all the Amtrak trainsets that could have been used (Acela, Cascades, etc.), Wachovia's ad agency chose the single-level Horizon and dome Surfliner set, especially since Wachovia is a bank from the East Coast (North Carolina if I remember correctly). I wonder if they felt that the dome would make the train more recognizable as a passenger train.

I know that Wachovia does have offices out west I have a good friend who works for them here in Sacramento.

Of course until recent summers the Piedmont had a dome in its consist, perhaps somebody at Wachovia marketing was aware of that. Though of course it did not look like the train in the commercial (which I, regrettably,did not see).

Bill Haithcoat said:
Of course until recent summers the Piedmont had a dome in its consist, perhaps somebody at Wachovia marketing was aware of that. Though of course it did not look like the train in the commercial (which I, regrettably,did not see).
And sadly that North Carolina dome is now history, Bill. :( New FRA safety regs required upgrades and modernizations that NC decided were way to expensive.

Last I heard they were looking for a buyer. Don't know if they've found one yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back