Amtrak Offers Virtual Tour Online

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlanB

Engineer
Honored Member
Amtrak has finally joined the internet revolution and is now offering virtual tours of its accomodations online. This includes the different types of bedrooms, a diner, a coach, and a sightseer lounge.

You can check out these new 180° videos by visiting the Amtrak website here. Note: You will need Apple QuickTime to view the videos. If you don't have Quick Time installed, there is a link to the installer on the page above.

Viewliner said:
Nice, but why no Single Level Cars?
I'm guessing that it's simply because the Superliners outnumber the Viewliners & single level cars. Therefore more people are likely to encounter a Superliner car. Plus the bedrooms aren't really that different, nor is the diner. The biggest difference would be in the lounges.

Could also just be that it's new and they haven't finished taping and posting everything.

Anyone notice the third window curtain in the Deluxe and Standard Rooms? This must be new! The only problem I have with this is about 70% of the Superliner fleet is still has the origional 1970's interior which could surprise a first time rider.

I would like to see Viewliner, Temoinsa Diner, Amfleet II Club Lounge (refurb), a Amfleet II Concept 2000 Coach, Amfleet I Coach, Acela First Class and Business Class added. That would certainly give a nice overview of all the equipment.

I perticularly liked the complete 360 turns on the Coach, Sight-Seerer lounge, and Dinning car. :rolleyes:

It's kind of funny for me, I can make out the e-clean building in Sanford where the shots were taken. Apparently the guys who did the shots weren't very nice as after the crews removed the cars from e-clean, washed down at the washbuilding, and put back down by e-clean, the crews said something to the effect of "Well can't we shoot down by those trees?" "No we have a train to build." "Well this is a one time thing can't you make an exception" Hmmm, no, single track, when we have a train that leaves at four o'clock and it's 1:00 now. Nonetheless all shots were done in Sanford.

I'd have to guess they would, but you never know. They may feel that the Superliner stuff is representative enough, but you never know. Also as an FYI, many of the commercials/movies Amtrak is involved in are shot between Sanford and Deland spur, as it is a forested area, and very unpopulated. The exception of course is commercials that promote reigonal service (Surfliner, Acela, Reigonal, etc.).

I've have seen these virtual looks at the rooms, its a good service and will help people decide which is good for them. Have a nice day! Bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back