Amtrak will shut down if it can't get more money

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is how i feel and so do the Amtrak employes i know give it the funding it needs or get rid of it quit playing games evrey Damn year and put a vote to the people of the USA to see if they want to fund it which i know would pass.it just getts worse evrey year thats like the RRB has told the Bush Admin that if they got rid of Amtrak there would be no more money in the RRB :angry: :angry:

Subcommittee chairman Ernest Istook says this will be an opportunity for Amtrak to prove it can operate "on a smaller scale."
Ha, ya right. Gunn ain't consolidatin nothin. Either give him the money or he'll screw (exscuse my language, but this is a serious angry subject) over capitol hill and shut down the entire system. Now lets see who gets mad. It's all or nothin...all or nothing... :angry:

Well just remember that this is just one small committee decision and no one really expects that this particular recommendation will survive. Another House committee has already recommended the full 2 million that David Gunn wants. Plus one Senate committee has also recommended full funding.

The problem as I see it will be where they settle the differences. If it's on the high side, then things will probably be ok. If it's on the low side, well then that's a horse of a different color.

However the bottom line is that while we must be sure to keep the pressure on Congress and the White House, it's not time to panic yet. :)

Amfleet said:
AlanB said:
Another House committee has already recommended the full 2 million that David Gunn wants.
Alan, you getting your millions and billions mixed up again. <_< :lol:
Oops. :eek:

That's what happens when you're already tired and trying to watch TV while typing.

AlanB said:
Amfleet said:
AlanB said:
Another House committee has already recommended the full 2 million that David Gunn wants.
Alan, you getting your millions and billions mixed up again. <_< :lol:
Oops. :eek:

That's what happens when you're already tired and trying to watch TV while typing.
Ahh, multi-tasking. It's a beautiful thing and basicly that's how my life feels at some points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back