Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited #Train 48.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amtrak Railfan

OBS Chief
I went to the Amtrak Site this morning to check on the Status on the Lake Shore Limited Train 48 and the Train was departed Chicago IL 3 Hours and 40 minutes late at 10:40 PM CT and it will be Arrive at the Croton-Harmon Station at 9.43 PM ET Tonight that train will be 8 hours and 57 minutes late From Chicago IL. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Amtrak Railfan said:
I went to the Amtrak Site this morning to check on the Status on the Lake Shore Limited Train 48 and the Train was departed Chicago IL 3 Hours and 40 minutes late at 10:40 PM CT and it will be Arrive in New York Penn Station at 7.58 PM Tonight that train will be 6 hours and 40 minutes late to New York. :angry: :angry: :angry:
Thanks for your input Amtrak Railfan. :) The lateness is due to late arriving Lake Shore Limited equipment from the east and broken equipment from cold weather, which in turn delays the departure of the Lake Shore Limited back to New York and Boston. Hopefully, the situation will improve through February and March. I remember reading about one incident in January where the Lake Shore Limited departed Chicago 11 hours late at 6am!!! :(

I went to the Amtrak Web Site and I find the information on the Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited Train #49 from New York Penn Station and the Train was Departed 25 Minutes late and it was left at 3:15 PM and the Train will be Arrive in Chicago IL on Sunday Morning 48 Minutes early at 8.30 AM CT.

Amtrak Railfan said:
I went to the Amtrak Web Site and I find the information on the Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited Train #49 from New York Penn Station and the Train was Departed 25 Minutes late and it was left at 3:15 PM and the Train will be Arrive in Chicago IL on Sunday Morning 48 Minutes early at 8.30 AM CT.
That’s very interesting Amtrakrailfan...........Glad to hear its running on-time.

Amtrak Railfan said:
Arriving 48 minutes early into Chicago is probably a little overkill. If it stays 20-30 minutes late the entire run, then it may arrive on-time due to padding.

I went to the Amtrak web site tonight to find out on the information on the Lake Shore Limited Train 49 to know if the Train left New York Penn Station on time and I check and the Train was left NY Penn Station 2 hours late at 4:25 PM and it will be arriveing in Chicago IL 48 minutes early at 8:32 AM CT. And I want to know why was the Lake Shore Limited Train #49 was left NY Penn Station 2 hours late?

Amtrak Railfan said:
I went to the Amtrak web site tonight to find out on the information on the Lake Shore Limited Train 49 to know if the Train left New York Penn Station on time and I check and the Train was left NY Penn Station 2 hours late at 4:25 PM and it will be arriveing in Chicago IL 48 minutes early at 8:32 AM CT. And I want to know why was the Lake Shore Limited Train #49 was left NY Penn Station 2 hours late?
I want to know how can it arrive in Chicago 48 minutes early if it departed its origin 2 hours late? I don't think there's even 2 hours and 48 minutes of padding in the schedule.

The Lake Shore's scheduled departure time from NYP is 2:50 PM, so if it departed at 4:25 it would only be an hour and a half late, not two hours. And like Amfleet said, if the train departed that late how can it be expected to arrive early?! If anything the Lake Shore will probably loose more time.

As to Lake Shore leaving late, most likely equipment problems in the yard.

Hey how is the new Stub-448/449 train setup working? It should have went into effect yesterday, anyone have any news on that?

P40Power said:
Hey how is the new Stub-448/449 train setup working? It should have went into effect yesterday, anyone have any news on that?
Well if no news turns up before early next week, then I'll give you a report when I get to Kansas City. :)

Sounds like a plan Alan, thanks! I might take a ride down to the good ol Pittsfield Amshack to see the train roll by tommorow, if its fairly close to on time.

Im sure the equipment on the train will be intresting, the last few times Ive seen the Lake Shore it has had a standard consist, I hear in the winter though is when the Boston Lake Shore starts to see some intresting consists, and that should be the case with this stub train set up

P40Power said:
I think it has already been in effect as on Sunday. When I was sitting on #163 waiting for it to depart I saw crews back down #449 for the yard. It had 2 P-42s, Heritage Baggage, 2 Amfleet I Coaches (un-refurbished), and 1 Amfleet I Cafe (un-refurbished). Now, I'm only guessing this the stub train because it consisted of all corridor equipment. Usually there would be atleast an Amfleet II Coach or a 60 seat Amfleet I Coach thrown into the mix if it were going all the way to Chicago. It did have the 2 P-42s which will probably go on to Chicago. In fact, I bet the the 2 P-42s and the baggage are both continue to Chicago so checked bags dont't have to be transfered in Albany.

I went on the Amtrak Site tonight to find if the Lake Shore Limited Train #48 was left Chicago IL last night on time and the Train was left 12 minutes at 7.12 PM CT and that is not too bad and the Train was arrive in NY Penn Station 1 hour and 36 minutes late and was arrived at 3.26 PM. And also I check on the Status on the Lake Shore Limited Train #49 from NY Penn Station and the Train was left NY Penn Station 37 Minutes at 3.27 PM and the Train will be arriveing in Chicago IL 48 Minutes early at 8.32 AM CT and that is very too early for this Train.

Amtrak Railfan said:
the Train will be arriveing in Chicago IL 48 Minutes early at 8.32 AM CT and that is very too early for this Train.
There is no such thing as arriving "too early" :lol:

What about the ocassions when Auto Train gets into Sanford or Lorton at 6:45? I'm guessing a lot of the passengers are still asleep about that time. Then again the slack pulling out when you stop might get them up. I personally would love to send a nice little jolt of slack though the train to wake everyone up if I ever work that train. :lol: As the ole' Auto Train adage goes "Aight 514 Slack 'em and Whack 'em."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back