Another Record setting year

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Well it seems the more and more Americans are riding the train as ridership continues to increase which surpassed 25 million this year. Thats about 25 million or so cars that were not driving on the highways. (maybe less due to more than one passenger in some cars) Sure thats not much of a dent, but some areas don't even have the option of taking Amtrak. Plus 25 million is bigger than most states. It looks like long distance trains were up 3.3% and corridors up about 4.4%. What would we do without the train?

I know how many opponents will say how Amtrak does no good. Flying or driving is much faster and in some cases cheaper. But I beg to differ. Last minute tickets on airlines can be quite expensive, and what if you don't have a car? I know many college students in this situation. And some people actually want this service eliminated? Just think how many people that would effect. But anyways I'm gonna quit blabering.

Comments

Chris

Back