Back on track!

• Thread starter Guest_NativeSon5859
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_NativeSon5859

I have been gone wayyy too long from these boards. It feels great to be back after an extended amount of time working up in Denver,CO. Back home in New Orleans, and shortly, back on the rails.

I'm booked on #1 from Orlando to New Orleans on the 27th of this month...I could NOT pass up the incredible $17.60 deal they had on the RailSale...some of those prices are unreal!!!!

How has #1 been running as of late? I know back when I took it to San Antonio in August, it had arrived in NOL around 30 minutes ahead of schedule.

I hope all of you had a safe and happy holiday season!

Steve/New Orleans

They haven't done too bad coming east, only an hour or two late into Orlando most of the time. Are you planning on staying in a hotel while you're in Orlando?

No actually i'm flying in the same day the train leaves ORL on a Southwest Airlines flight from New Orleans. Just doing this little trip on my off days. My flight gets to ORL at around 10:00am. Any suggestions on transportation to the ORL train station from the airport?

Thanks!

Steve/New Orleans

Hehehe ORL, I thought the airport code was MCO just like NOL's is MSY and yes I know the story of Moissant probably one of the few outside of NO who would. Those railsale deals were incredible I think they had $18 from LA to Orlando and if I didn't have previous commitments I surely would have taken the round trip.

Quick Railsale question let's say I see an LA-SEA on the Starlite but only want to go from either SAC/EMY or Oakland, would the fare still be the same as the fare for the whole route or would it be pro-rated for the distance traveled?

tp49 said:
Quick Railsale question let's say I see an LA-SEA on the Starlite but only want to go from either SAC/EMY or Oakland, would the fare still be the same as the fare for the whole route or would it be pro-rated for the distance traveled?
Yes, it is pro-rated. Here's an example I just looked at: right now, #27 has a Rail Sale from Minneapolis-St. Paul to Spokane, WA, for $51.80. When I changed the departure station to Williston, ND, the price dropped to $34.20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back