Bush's Bogus Budget

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lepearso

Lead Service Attendant
I arranged a conference call with Senator Lamar Alexander's office for Thursday morning to explain in explicit detail my opposition to the President's budget proposal, especially his proposed elimination of Amtrak not to mention the chronic misinformation coming from Mineta on Amtrak services.

No sooner did I make my appointment I recieved an e-mail from Senator Alexander saying that he opposes the President's budget and "can think of 80 billion ways to spend money at home" rather than send it to Iraq. If you live in Tennessee, please write a letter to Senator Alexander urgently! He is moving more in our direction and with a little work I think he will come through for us!

If you live in other states, encourage Republicans especially to follow their conscience - as I think most of them have one! - and do what's right for this country! You may be surprised at how many within the President's own party are going to oppose this budget! Their opposition to that budget may very well save Amtrak!

There are a lot of "Wise" Republicans out there who are seeing Past Bush's "Fiscal Insanity". :ph34r:

Back