California Zephyr & Lakeshore Limited

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TraderTif

Hey there everybody! Does anyone know if the California Zephyr tends to arrive back in Chicago anywhere near on time lately? I usually make a trip and catch the Zephyr back to Chicago, but last time (2 years ago) they were doing construction on the tracks, and we were amazingly late, and I had a totally terrible trip home. (almost swore off train travel, heaven forbid). Well, I'm going out again in a couple weeks, and I was just wondering if I might miss my connection again. Anyone know?

This is a really cool forum by the way, I wish I knew about it sooner. I love riding the trains!

Tif =:cool:

I have been tracking on-time/late arrivals since I am going to be taking

the same trip in August. It seems like the Zephyr is always about 1 to

1 1/2 hrs late.

I was visiting my parents in Ottumwa, IA this past Saturday (5/24). Just for the heck of it, I called "Julie" at Amtrak to see how the eastbound Zephyr was running that morning. (It's due in Ottumwa about 10:00 AM on its way to Chicago.) She told me it was running NINE hours late. OUCH! ;)

seajay

Yeah, see I catch the Lakeshore Limited in Chicago, and last time we were late, and had to stay overnight, and lost the sleeper the next day (I hate going coach!) I mean, we got refunded, but still!

I hope it's close enough to make the connection when I take it, lol!

Tif =:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back