Capital Limited Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rile42

Lead Service Attendant
Old age is finally creeping up on me. Even though I've ridden the Capitol Limited 3 or 4 times from Cleveland to DC in the last three years, I can't remember if they serve lunch with a scheduled arrival a little after noon.

What say you learned ones?

Last time I rode the Capitol Limited, I also remember a shortened lunch before arrival, sometime around 11:00 AM, if I remember correctly.

As 8-time rider, my favorite train!!!

The Cap is currently scheduled into DC at 12 24 PM, i rode it in the fall, and we were on time , I do not believe that I recieved lunch, ( I may be worng however, on one occasion, the train was running late and we did recieve a pre-packaged lunch of sorts, if it is very late, you'll probably get a full meal.

Jon Parker

Joe said:
amtrakconductor2731 said:
an hour or more later out of connellsville and lunch will be served.

ryan
Ryan,

Don't you mean breakfast, not lunch?

Joe P.
No, breakfast is always served on the Capitol inbound to DC.

What he's saying is that if the train is basically on time, you won't get lunch. If it is late at Connellsville by more than an hour, then there will be enough time to serve at least an abbreviated lunch before arriving into DC. Even though the train is supposed to reach Connellsville before breakfast, it just happens to be the decision point for determining if there is time to serve lunch.

Back