cardinal or capitol limited?

• Thread starter Guest_shanghaiamtrak
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_shanghaiamtrak

Which has better scenery? im going to take one of them this December.

I have only been on the Cardinal, but the New River Gourge is great for semi wilderness views. It gets my vote.

Down side - 1. Cardinal's lack of superliner equipment 2. No dinner or sightseeer lounge 3. Indiferent attitude of staff. 4. Three times a week schedule. It is Amtrack's "redheaded stepchild"

It is the only Amtrak train which must run by statute.

You can thank Senator Robert C. Byrd (D)-WV for this.

Actually if you wanna get to Chicago on time or close 2 it .......then take Captial Limited if not and really want to pay less (I know I used to be the coach attendant out of Washington) then ride the Cardinal .

I should have mentioned this in my last post in this topic, but anyhow...

The Cardinal has single-level Amfleet cars, plus a Horizon dinette. It also carries one Viewliner sleeper. It only runs three times a week.

The Capitol Limited has hi-level Superliner cars. Much nicer ride. It also carries the full dining car, has a observation car, and runs every day. Bummer is, no more "weekly specials" fares west of Pittsburgh, for the time being.

The Cardinal has been on my list of "Trains I Need To Ride" for some time; somehow, so far I've never gotten around to it.

Back