carry on

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
what good info here. now i have a question before our first train trip.

i want to take water bottles in my backpack and wonder if the backpack is considered a 'carry on?' we plan on taking one carry on luggage apiece and a tote bag apiece. other luggage will be checked in.

:) we are so excited to be going on Amtrak for the first time.

esorami said:
what good info here. now i have a question before our first train trip.i want to take water bottles in my backpack and wonder if the backpack is considered a 'carry on?' we plan on taking one carry on luggage apiece and a tote bag apiece.  other luggage will be checked in.

:) we are so excited to be going on Amtrak for the first time.
Unless you are a member of a scout group, backpacks must meet the same requirements as any other luggage.

Carry-on limits will not apply to briefcases, purses, laptop cases or cosmetics cases (e.g., train cases). Additionally, the limits will not apply to infant paraphernalia, such as car seats, diaper bags or strollers.

See this web page

Well, if you are each carrying one carryon and one backpack apiece, you are fine. You are allowed two carryons a piece. If traveling coach in a Super, I reccomend putting all your clothes and cleaning stuff for the trip portion in one case and leave it downstairs, carry the stuff you want to keep with you in your seat upstairs (water, cd players, whatever) to make life easier. Of course going in a sleeper you want to limit how much you carryon due to limited space. If you are riding coach in an Amfleet... Upgrade. ;)

If you are riding coach in an Amfleet... Upgrade.
I'd have to disagree with that statement. The Amfleet II coaches are pretty roomy and offer plenty of room for people's luggage. We pull it off every single trip, so why would esorami's trip be any different than anyone else's?

battalion51 said:
If you are riding coach in an Amfleet... Upgrade.
I'd have to disagree with that statement. The Amfleet II coaches are pretty roomy and offer plenty of room for people's luggage. We pull it off every single trip, so why would esorami's trip be any different than anyone else's?
There is usually more then enough room, as long as some lazy person dose not decide that there stuff should not be on the overhead rack. You can find plenty of room between the overhead rack and under the seat infront of you.

Acutally, Amfleet coach overhead luggage racks have much more height between the shelf and the ceiling than a Superliner coach does. There's also some empty floor space near the restrooms in an Amfleet coach where more luggage can be stowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back