Chiacago - Minneapolis trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtrakmichigan

Lead Service Attendant
April 17 my best friend Bill and I will be heading off to Chicago for a couple days then on the 19th we head off to Minneapolis for 3 days to see a couple baseball games. We booked a Deluxe room for the somewhat short ride roundtrip. I actually booked the room on trains #27/28 to get a cheeper fare. I was able to get the lowest bucket at $70 for the room each way.

Can any of you give me your opinion of the Empire builder or anything intresting along the route to look out for?

amtrakmichigan,

Wise move on the Empire Builder Sleeper from Chicago-St. Paul. Each fall the last three years I've ridden

the Builder that same route in a sleeper. It's worth it.

Last summer I rode the EB Builder from Seattle to St. Paul. Both ways, the Builder has a very good on-time performance.

The St. Paul station is near the bus route, and there are taxis also.

At present there is a bus strike in Twin Cities but let's hope it's resolved by the time you go to catch the Twins in the 'Dome.

You must be a Tigers fan because they'll be in town while you're there. What a loyalist you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back