City of New Orleans stop

• Thread starter Guest_Fan_Trains
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Guest_Fan_Trains

I was wondering have they extended the city of new orlean's stop to Jackson from Memphis? is this going to be for now since New Orleans is out of commision?

Jackson will be the southern destination for a short time and then the City will be extended south to Hammond, LA. Whenever the tracks are in good enough condition to service NOL, they will go there, however I am sure no passengers will be allowed to enter NOL - unless they are workers on the clean-up or otherwise involved with the clean-up. Also, the Red Cross and others organizations will need supplies which can be hauled by Amtrak.

As far as I know, the commercial airlines are not serving NOL for anything but supplies and official workers.

haolerider said:
Jackson will be the southern destination for a short time and then the City will be extended south to Hammond, LA. Whenever the tracks are in good enough condition to service NOL, they will go there, however I am sure no passengers will be allowed to enter NOL - unless they are workers on the clean-up or otherwise involved with the clean-up. Also, the Red Cross and others organizations will need supplies which can be hauled by Amtrak.
As far as I know, the commercial airlines are not serving NOL for anything but supplies and official workers.
The City Of New orleans will arrive in Hammond LA tomarrow and run out of there until NOL is open again also the Hammond Station will be open 7 days a week with checked baggage starting Monday Sep 12 2005

Back