Clocker train gaps may be left unfilled

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well hopefully those two "true" (ltd.) Clockers may be restored but if not there still is plenty of service for NEC commuters. I found this quote most interesting, a little bit outdated, even though I sort of preferred the old name for the NEC sevice

But Amtrak had to scramble for equipment as it added Metroliners and Northeast Direct trains to fill the gaps. Acelas gradually started re-entering service in July and are now back to a full schedule.

Viewliner said:
Well hopefully those two "true" (ltd.) Clockers may be restored but if not there still is plenty of service for NEC commuters. I found this quote most interesting, a little bit outdated, even though I sort of preferred the old name for the NEC sevice
But Amtrak had to scramble for equipment as it added Metroliners and Northeast Direct trains to fill the gaps. Acelas gradually started re-entering service in July and are now back to a full schedule.
That quote is also wrong, since Acela is not back to a full schedule. At present about half of the premium high-speed trains are Acela, the remainder are still Metroliners.

In fact I rode 2119, a Metroliner, today down to DC for another OTOL fest. I'll be riding back on Sunday, on yet another Metroliner. A full schedule of Acela's would mean no Metroliners at all.

Back