Conference Table Acela First and Assigned Seating

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wondered why AMTRAK insisted on conference table seating on the Acela. I read somewhere that people on the Acela in first class didn't like assigned seating since they couldn't secure the conference tables. I guess it's true. Boarded at NHV today and had the conference table to myself. When I arrived at NYP I was just asked to switch with someone so all four people could sit together. I am stuck sitting at another conference table in the opposite direction of travel, but figure it is better to be a good citizen. And it is not that far to PHL.

I always wondered why AMTRAK insisted on conference table seating on the Acela.

They wanted to replace the tables that were lost when they made the decision to eliminate tables in the cafe car. The Acela sets were supposed to have assigned seating which would allow the passengers to reserve them as needed.

The tables were also added to the business class cars on the NEC as well when the decision was made to eliminate the tables in the cafe cars on the NEC.

They wanted to replace the tables that were lost when they made the decision to eliminate tables in the cafe car. The Acela sets were supposed to have assigned seating which would allow the passengers to reserve them as needed.

The tables were also added to the business class cars on the NEC as well when the decision was made to eliminate the tables in the cafe cars on the NEC.

I totally forgot that they decided to remove tables from the Cafe's. It's interesting that they ended that program. Go figure.

Me personally, I'm ok with the tables. Although I don't use them much these days.

Back