Difference btw value and flexible

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DonP

Is flexible a better seating on lake shore limited? Why is it double the cost?

Does a situation ever exist where a flexible seat is the only available?

No. They state that seats are limited for all fare categories, but it seems that only the Saver fares sell out before an entire train sells out. I'd imagine very few passengers use the Flexible fare.

Last edited by a moderator:
No. They state that seats are limited for all fare categories, but it seems that only the Saver fares sell out before an entire train sells out. I'd imagine very few passengers use the Flexible fare.
That's incorrect. There are 4 fare buckets for each train, plus any Saver fares that might be available. The Flexible is the highest of the 4, while the Value is whatever bucket the train is currently selling at. A full train where only the high bucket fares remain, would show only Flexible fares available.

That's incorrect. There are 4 fare buckets for each train, plus any Saver fares that might be available. The Flexible is the highest of the 4, while the Value is whatever bucket the train is currently selling at. A full train where only the high bucket fares remain, would show only Flexible fares available.
Understood. I've had limited experience with flexible fare. I rarely see it as an option on Capitol Corridor, and I'm thinking it's typically not offered. Why anyone would pay double (when unreserved tickets aren't void for a no show) puzzles me though, and I'm pretty sure almost nobody would pay for it on CC.

Understood. I've had limited experience with flexible fare. I rarely see it as an option on Capitol Corridor, and I'm thinking it's typically not offered. Why anyone would pay double (when unreserved tickets aren't void for a no show) puzzles me though, and I'm pretty sure almost nobody would pay for it on CC.
Remember, this is the same company that offered flexible fares for more than 50% OVER Business Class fares on our last trip from Cary to DC.

Amtrak is Mica's best friend. They feed him enough stupidity to show they shouldn't exist.

Remember, this is the same company that offered flexible fares for more than 50% OVER Business Class fares on our last trip from Cary to DC.
I don't really see the problem with that. Some companies might require employees to book refundable tickets but forbid premium class travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back