Do I have any chance?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Transfer?

What are the odds of actually making a connection from Train #48 (The Eastbound Lakeshore Limited) to Train #88 (An all-reserved train on the northeast corridor)?

There is about a 1-hour layover at Penn Station, but from what i have been hearing from friends lately, the Lakeshore Limited runs VERY late very often.

I wouldn't bet on making that connection, but you might get lucky. Amtrak will simply place you on a later train though if you miss the connection.

Alan is right, Amtrak will rebook you if your connection is missed. There are lots of corridor trains, so it should be no problem.

I would go one step further. If you do miss your connection, try to get a complimentary rebooking on Acela. Explain how upset you are and how vital your timely arrival is and how Amtrak really needs to make this horrible situation right. If the next Acela isn’t sold out, you might just get yourself a nice ride.

You never know. It all depends on how nice the agent is, some will give you a ticket for A train, another agent may be sympathetic and book you on Acela. You never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back