East Lansing & Flint Amtrak Stations will be open

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
East Lansing & Flint Amtrak Stations will be open with ticket agents job bids were up on Wensday Feb 25 2004 my friend who is the former Ticket Agent at East Lansing is trying to confirm when the exsact day the agents will be in the Station.Also please be aware of this for 15 days the Stations will NOT Have any computers in the stations this is due to IBM Not Amtrak,Amtrak contacted IBM 3 months ago and this is the first slot that IBM had to reinstall the computers.The ticket office hours for East Lansing will be from 10:30am to 6:00pm Mon thru Sat Sun 12:00 to 7:30 for ticket sales,Flint hours 11:00 to 6:30 7 days a week. These hours will change when the bluewater goes into effect. :)

amtrakmichigan said:
That's what Amtrak gets for pulling them out to begin with ;)
It was NOT Amtrak that pulled them out since this is a STATE Supported Train Michigan Department Of Transportation pulled the Ticket Agents out Amtrak didn't.Put it this Way Amtrak is helpless they have to do what M-DOT tells them because M-DOT has to pay 100% of the costs for any thing to do with the International/Pere Marquette trains. :)

BNSF_1088 said:
Put it this Way Amtrak is helpless they have to do what M-DOT tells them because M-DOT has to pay 100% of the costs for any thing to do with the International/Pere Marquette trains. :)
Of course the big question that still remains is, what the heck is M-Dot doing paying for the International in the first place? I can understand them paying for the Pere Marquette as that runs basically in Michigan. I could understand them paying for the Detroit/Pontiac corridor, which also runs largely in Michigan.

However the International should be Amtrak's game with help from VIA Rail. M-Dot should have nothing to do with the International.

AlanB said:
BNSF_1088 said:
Put it this Way Amtrak is helpless they have to do what M-DOT tells them because M-DOT has to pay 100% of the costs for any thing to do with the International/Pere Marquette trains. :)
Of course the big question that still remains is, what the heck is M-Dot doing paying for the International in the first place? I can understand them paying for the Pere Marquette as that runs basically in Michigan. I could understand them paying for the Detroit/Pontiac corridor, which also runs largely in Michigan.

However the International should be Amtrak's game with help from VIA Rail. M-Dot should have nothing to do with the International.
Nope Back in the 80s M-DOT wanted the Bluewater to run into Canada this was the State Of Michigans Idea to run into Canada not Amtrak.

BNSF_1088 said:
Nope Back in the 80s M-DOT wanted the Bluewater to run into Canada this was the State Of Michigans Idea to run into Canada not Amtrak.
Regardless Matt, even if M-Dot started the idea of running to Canada, it should still be Amtrak & VIA Rail's domain at this point. M-Dot should have nothing to do with it.

Trains that largely service only one state, like California, NY's Empire Corridor, and the Michigan services should receive help from those states. Trains that run through multiple states or cross the boarder to Canada should be strictly an Amtrak thing, with VIA helping on cross-boarder connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back