Empire Builder Four

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhoozOn1st

Engineer
Honored Member
Final pics from my recent EB ride:

Hiawatha

Don't know why, but I tend to wake up early when I'm on the road. In this instance that habit served me quite well. Already had breakfast in the diner by the time the Builder rolled into St. Paul. There were a couple other railfans aboard, and we all buzzed around like demented bees - getting pictures of the Hiawatha equipment. A crew guy I asked said it was headed for Rockford, IL.

Later had lunch with the other railrans (everybody had the anus, I mean Angus, burger) during which we all cursed ourselves for being so focused on the Hiawatha that we neglected to get pics of each other with it. We agreed that we were a gang of idiots.

One guy was headed for someplace called Circus World, so I didn't feel so bad. At least somebody was a bigger idiot than me. Nice enough guy, but Circus World?

Another guy told me that he had to delete some pictures to get shots of the Hiawatha. He was using a phonecam, and it was out of memory.

Anyway, I urge anybody who reads this to consider going to Chicago, October 13-14, for the first ever Forum Gathering. It's sure to be fun, and maybe this time we can think clearly enough to take pics of each other with the trains. HAHA!!

Best to all,

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back