Empire service disruption

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glensfallsse

Service Attendant
Weather disrupted travel between Albany and NYC on Monday. There was also a problem in the Northeast corridor, which made for lots of people waiting around at Moynihan Train Hall.
Late in the afternoon, a protest spilled in from the street and occupied the middle of the main floor for about 20 minutes. I was thankful that I had picked today to use one of my Metropolitan Lounge passes.
They canceled two Empire trains, then sent out a bunch in a span of about 90 minutes around dinner time. 281 was followed by the Ethen Allen, then 235, the Lake Shore Limited, then 237 (my train). I see 239 is not far behind us.
I am impressed they were able to send so many trains north during rush hour in so short a period of time. So far, with Poughkeepsie coming up, we’re moving along pretty well. I thought sure we’d have to stop and wait for something somewhere along the line.
Albany should be unusually busy for this time of night when we get there, with the LSL getting split up.

Attachments

• 20E458BB-A699-48FC-9830-50D346CF2F62.jpeg
    20E458BB-A699-48FC-9830-50D346CF2F62.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
A lot of rain and high winds occurring today. Several roads got flooded. Culverts got backed up in several locations leaving debris on the roads.

I did not lose power, but passed several flood warnings and debris fields driving around Utica, NY.

Yesterday morning they had a downed wire in Attleboro that delayed several MBTA Providence and Wickford Jct locals. I saw this on MBTA alerts, I don't know what delays there were on Amtrak, although I did notice one westbound Acela was about 38 min late at PVD.

Here in Maine about half the state is still without power due to the combination of rain and high winds.

Back