Florida HSR Question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amfleet

Engineer
If and when the Florida HSR service beings operations between Tampa and Orlando, would their be station built to connect with Amtrak's Silver Meteor and Silver Star. It seems that such a connection would largely benefit Amtrak with such a convenient connection to Disney and even to Tampa.

Amfleet said:
If and when the Florida HSR service beings operations between Tampa and Orlando, would their be station built to connect with Amtrak's Silver Meteor and Silver Star. It seems that such a connection would largely benefit Amtrak with such a convenient connection to Disney and even to Tampa.
Unfortunatley, I doubt the system will ever be built. Even if it were built it would be from Orlando Iternational Arport-convention center-Dsney-Tmpa. The stop at convention center and disney are being disputed still. If there were a station built at Dsney you could take one of the coach usa shuttle from the amtrak station to disney. Then get on the Florida High Speed rail. Don't count on going to the airport, it is on the south side of orladno pretty far from the train station. I hope this helps ;)

I would hope that they would consider using TUS as the station in Tampa, although I doubt that would happen. Also, by the time HSR is completed there very well could be Orlando Commuter Rail for the connection. It's also possible that Amtrak may divert its trains off of CSX in Orlando in favor of the HSR ROW. This would require some sort of connection between HSR and and CSX, but if it goes out to OIA the lines would cross near Taft, FL.

battalion51 said:
I would hope that they would consider using TUS as the station in Tampa, although I doubt that would happen. Also, by the time HSR is completed there very well could be Orlando Commuter Rail for the connection. It's also possible that Amtrak may divert its trains off of CSX in Orlando in favor of the HSR ROW. This would require some sort of connection between HSR and and CSX, but if it goes out to OIA the lines would cross near Taft, FL.
Knowing the state even if there was a connection they probably would not let amtrak run on the HSR row. They would come up with an excuse, and if any amtrak trains ran they would be put right behind everything else state funded like amtrak gets stuck behind tri-rail. Bat51 at the pace the orlando commuter rail project is moving it will probably take 25 years to be operational maybe a little less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back