GG-1

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GG-1

Engineer
Honored Member
Aloha

I don't like to quote from another board, but I would like a favor, if you are able to observe the move, could you get some pictures, of any part of the move and let me know where I may see them. June is a busy month and my Rail travel is limited to July and October this year. I hope the Henry Ford Museum Finds out the GG-1-4909 color was Brunswick Green :) before the buy the paint :p

Mahalo

Eric

subject: GG1 to ride the rails again - to the Henry Ford Museum #4909 Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:21 pmWell, you kept asking, pondering, wondering - maybe in June of 2008 you can see such an event, though it will be a GG1 in tow.

Henry Ford Museum in Detroit has purchased PRR GG1 #4909 from the Leatherstocking Railway Historical Society today and is in the process of removing asbestos as well as the transformer prior to it's move to the museum.

The museum will place it next to the C&O Alleghany after it is cosmetically restored.

Good news for one of the two surviving Leatherstocking Railway

Historical Society's saved GG1's which have been sitting in Milford, NY on a siding for years.

http://www.thedailystar.com/local/local_story_091040024.html

/Mitch

Last edited by a moderator:
Back