Got my select tier status

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
Well I just received the points needs to be a Select Member. What happens now? Do the space available upgrades include sleepers? or are they just to Business class or First. I don't live in the Northeast, but it looks like I'll have to make a trip out there in the next year to enjoy those amenities.

Chris

As a Select Level member for two years living in Texas, I can assure you the benefits are confined to the East Coast. No slepper upgrades are allowed. The Select Tier card lets me upgrade to business class on the NEC and it lets me use the "Club Acela" lounges.

Well Select Status, upgrades are available on any train that carries business class, not just NEC trains. However the best bang for the buck comes when you use the coupon to upgrade to First Class on the Acela trains.

Perhaps the biggest perk for someone not near the corridor, is the 25% bonus on all points earned for Amtrak travel. You also get a few other perks like a fast upgrade to Hilton's Honor Gold status, or a free Hertz Gold Card.

At one point Amtrak also used to send me free drink coupons every so often, but I haven't seen any of those lately. :(

In addition to the upgrade coupons and Club Acela passes, they also sent me a year's subscription to Kiplinger's Personal Finance magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back