Hello from Missouri

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone! I am a 75 year old who retired 8 years ago, drove through all the lower 48 plus attempting to drive thru Canada to Alaska. In any case, age has caught up and I am thinking of experiencing train travel on a budget. Never traveled by train in the USA.
Welcome, and you can certainly find lots of good advice here. What stations are near you, and where would you like to travel to?

Hello everyone! I am a 75 year old who retired 8 years ago, drove through all the lower 48 plus attempting to drive thru Canada to Alaska. In any case, age has caught up and I am thinking of experiencing train travel on a budget. Never traveled by train in the USA.
Welcome! Living in or near St. Louis you already have the choice of three Amtrak routes (Missouri River Runner to Kansas City; Texas Eagle to Dallas, San Antonio, and Los Angeles; and Illinois Service to Chicago). And from Chicago nearly the whole menu of Amtrak's transcontinental routes. You're well-situated. Enjoy.

https://www.amtrak.com/midwest-train-routes

Back