Hello From Texas

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneStarJeffe

Train Attendant
Hi All,

I have been reading for awhile and decided to join. I am strongly considering to visit family in Portland, OR from Houston, TX using Amtrak in 2012. I took a train from Dallas to Chicago back in the 60's when I was a kid and some shorter ones as part of a cruise ship land excursion in Alaska in 2010. I have a few questions I will be posting in the other forum but many of my questions have already been answered by the good folks here so I thank everyone. This is a great source of information. I am glad to be here!

Regards,

LoneStarJeffe

Welcome. This is a great group with lots of friendly folks offering up good info. I've been reading their posts and asking questions much of this year.

I begin my long awaited round trip Albuquerque to San Diego on Tuesday afternoon 12/20.

:hi: Welcome! Always good to have another Texan as a member of the best Forum on the web! (We have to counteract all those Yankees in the NE!! :lol: )Are you aware of the Texas Mini-Gathering in DFW the first weekend of the New Year, if not please read the posts on this topic, wed be glad to meet you! Also, if you are not yet a member of AGR, send me a PM (personal message)with your e-mail and Ill refer you and well both get 500 AGR Points if you take any Amtrak trip within 90 days1 :cool: Jim

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All, Thank you for the greetings. Right now, it is doubtful I can make the Texas Mini-gathering in Ft. Worth although I would like to meet everyone and see the 40th anniversary train. But I have to see if work commits will allow. I am also already a member of AGR. As part of the planning for my trip, I joined to get access to see if purchasing points might yield savings given the sale going on until Dec. 31st.

Regards,

LoneStarJeffe

Back