Hialeah's back to normal, late trains

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Hialeah's playing the same old games that it was playing at the end of last month, trains leaving hours upon hours late. Here's today's lineup:

98-8:40AM-1:40 late

92-2:17PM-3:42 late

90-7:05PM-4:05 late

Is it possible to get trains out on time all the time?

battalion51 said:
Hialeah's playing the same old games that it was playing at the end of last month, trains leaving hours upon hours late. Here's today's lineup:
98-8:40AM-1:40 late

92-2:17PM-3:42 late

90-7:05PM-4:05 late

Is it possible to get trains out on time all the time?
You should have seen yesterday's (8/25)!

98- 10:45 AM- 3 hours and 45 minutes late. (just got to NYP @ 7:11 PM)

92- 4:43 PM- 6 hours and 8 minutes late. (will be midnight before NYP)

90- 5:50 PM- 2 hours and 50 minutes late. (right behind #92 at this time)

Lord only knows what is going on down there!!!

:ph34r: :blink:

Yeah, I noticed 92 going north past A783.0 at around 9 pm. Phew!! And apparently the Orlando corridor is still somewhat messed up signalwise because dispatch is going by radio-authorized blocks in some areas, instead of signalled traffic.

I wonder what Manager will get the blame for the late trains? I'm sure it was'nt the fault of the union folks.

92 went through Altamonte Springs at something like 8:30 pm tonite. Signals are still messed up south of the South end of Longwood, so they are going by blocks authorized from dispatch by radio, which means they just breeze right past the red signals in the area with messed up signals, which was kind of a shock to watch!

We're working on it!!! :p

Still having problems in the yard, but some problems our out of our hands. :D

Late arrival's require that the crew gets their rest period, so the train waits for the crew.

Have had a few equipment failures at the last minute, but car reliability has improved alot! :D

Switching in the yard is still a problem. CSX uses the yard as a training area for "newbees" and this can be a nightmare!!! :(

Still need more people on the running trains. If a major defect occurs, it takes away time from the other cars. Even if there is a replacement car, the time to switch the cars hurts!! :(

All in all, the yard is moving forward and it's getting better ! :D

Car PM's are scheduled by computer and cars of the same type are being pulled at the same time. If we could schedule our PM's, we could spread the cars out and not have 4 diners in one week! It would reduce switching cars and late departures.

MJ B)

I don't remember whether it was 91 or 97 today, but the diner on that consist looked about ready to fall apart. It was so tired and worn-out looking I couldn't even read the car number on it (left side, southbound). This was at the A783 MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back