high speed in the former ussr

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jamesfelix

this is a fun link, or i hope y'all think so. compare the hype to the stuff we read here. note this thing is acela capable, no mention of track up grades. i particularly like the picture of ivan and igor still dressed for their day job as christmas elves at GUM. nice looking machine, though.

Man Look at that cab!

199.jpeg

Now that's something!

Man Look at that cab!
199.jpeg
Reminds me of the ICE Trains in Germany. When I was there in 2005, there was a clear partition between the passenger section and the Cab. We could see the controls and instrumentation, and could see out the front window as well. Very surrealistic heading at high-speed through the extensive tunnels there, with colored lights streaming past us... just like a space-flight at the Amusement Park!

Man Look at that cab!
Man, that's just an average Cab of a modern train in Europe.

BTW: Since ICE-Trains (the diesel version ICE-TD) run also to Denmark, the german railways were forced to add a coffee-cup holder as danish engineers are allowed to dring coffee during work. :D

Last thing I read in the popular press was a description of a proposed 80 mph "high speed train" to St. Paul Minnesota.

Man Look at that cab!
Man, that's just an average Cab of a modern train in Europe.

BTW: Since ICE-Trains (the diesel version ICE-TD) run also to Denmark, the german railways were forced to add a coffee-cup holder as danish engineers are allowed to dring coffee during work. :D
American engineers would probably go into a state of shock and call a strike for cruel and unusual punishment if they were given such a cab :p

Back