Hospital Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
Amtrak sources have alerted me that the remaining cars from the Silver Star derailment earlier this month (with the exception of the dorm 2518) will be moved to Bg sometime in the near future, an exact date has not been disclosed. In the consist will be Engine 66 (the engine from the Silver Star's grade crossing incident on Wednesday), followed by 199, 1726, 62011, 62013, and 8519. CSX will reportedly be placing several hopper cars in the consist for unknown reasons. The 199 has had its snowplow removed, the nose still remains but it is pretty well flattened. I will be in Sanford tomorrow and I will look to see if the stuff is still down by the ramp.

The consist for the hospital train was as follows:

followed by six AMTK Express Cars

My information source was incorrect, as Amtrak Express Cars were in the consist, not hoppers. The train left after 92 yesterday, along about the 5:00 hour.

B51,

Any idea where they were hiding the Viewliners in Sanford? They were there when I arrived on the AT on the 17th of May, but I could not find them when I returned home on the 26th of May.

Also do you have any clue as to why the Viewliners are headed to BG? From what I could see of them on the 17th, the cars looked like the guys at Sanford had already taken care of the damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back