hot deals

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone tell me when the hot deals would be updated? I am trying to get tickets for Feb 19th and I cannot get past the 17th. I am trying to get tickets to Chicago and this is our first time using amtrak. When should I book tickets under the regular fare price in order to get them on time? The departure station does not have the means to print out your own tickets so I think they would have to be mailed. Any help would be appreciated

I believe that the Hot Deals are updated on Monday. Also, don't forget you're talking about traveling on President's Day Weekend which means they might not put your train on sale since there is a small spike in travel over the holiday weekend.

That's the million dollar question. I have seen the Rail Sale updated at various times, though, not just on Mondays. Which trains they decide to put on sale is the real mystery. I have seen very popular trains put on sale at times when they were nearly sold out. One time I remember seeing the Zephyr on Sale only between Emeryville and Sparks (Reno) even though that is the busiest segment of the route.

Back