Hotel in New York

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chatter163 said:
AlanB said:
Amfleet said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe PATH also has service into lower Manhattan from Newark Penn Station.
I'm sorry, at present you are wrong Amfleet. :) Since 9/11 PATH trains can no longer reach lower Manhattan. PATH trains can only run to 34th Street and 6th Avenue, which is technically mid-town Manhattan, from Newark.
Sorry, but this information is outdated. PATH trains began running again to lower Manhattan last November.

PATH train schedule, effective 23 Nov 2003 :lol:
Well the post in question was from a year ago, not this year. :)

National just revived this topic, since he was questioning Bill about the hotel Pennsy.

I do not recall any $100 deposit on the use of the phone or any reference to renting smoke detectors. And----everything was"normal" the afternoon I checked in ..the big blackout was not until the next day, and so my check-in experience was presumably typical.

battalion51 said:
I believe OBS Employees have now made the Hotel Pennsylvania their layover hotel after coming in on Silver Service. From what I've heard everyone's had good things to say about it, no issues at all, and a very freindly, helpful staff.
I will have correct you my friend, but we in OBS are currently staying at the "Southgate Tower," which is almost a neighbor to the "Pennsylvania." We used to stay in the "Comfort Inn Manhatten." Boy am I glad they moved us over to where we are now! The "Southgate" is one of the nices hotels I have stayed in during my travels! :)

Amtrak OBS Employee said:
I will have correct you my friend, but we in OBS are currently staying at the "Southgate Tower," which is almost a neighbor to the "Pennsylvania." We used to stay in the "Comfort Inn Manhatten." Boy am I glad they moved us over to where we are now! The "Southgate" is one of the nices hotels I have stayed in during my travels! :)
Southgate, Pennsylvania, same thing! :lol: I knew it was close to the station, and oldy, but a goody, so Pennsylvania sounded good to me! I did recall the old hotel being the Comfort Inn, since I considered staying at the Comfort Inn while I was in New York in 2002. Ended up at 94th St. and Broadway at Hotel Newton, which is also a fantabulous hotel.

It probably also should be noted that the Maury Povich tv talk show is taped in the Grand Ballroom of the Hotrl Pennsylvania, so watch out for some of his "guests." :)

Very mixed reviews on that hotel. Some love it, other just love the price, and others say it’s a dump. It was a Hilton for a while, then a Ramada, and now independent. I have never stayed there.

And for you old timers, the phone number of the Hotel Pennsylvania was, and still is:

Pennsylvania 6 - Five Thousand

You youngsters may have to ponder that one for a while.

PRR 60 said:
Very mixed reviews on that hotel. Some love it, other just love the price, and others say it’s a dump. It was a Hilton for a while, then a Ramada, and now independent. I have never stayed there.
And for you old timers, the phone number of the Hotel Pennsylvania was, and still is:

Pennsylvania 6 - Five Thousand

You youngsters may have to ponder that one for a while.
PRR60,

Did you know that calling the local 212 number for the hotel, will result in your hearing a snipit of that little ditty "Pennsylvania 6-5000"? :rolleyes:

Sadly the toll free number doesn't get you the recording. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back