How far can they extend the Amtrak California Capitol Corridor?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
South would be the Mexico border.
Going north should be the Oregon State Line.
However you run low on population north of Eureka and Redding.

What is on the schedule after the HSR (High Speed Rail) is done and the state see the ridership/demand jump? Well the HSR is bogged down and with no clear finish time so expansion plans are not a priority at this time.

But seriously, there's been talk of Reno for the Capital Corridor, but it seems unlikely at the moment.

I think there are plans for a NE extension, to Chico, but I think that's the San Joaquin via Yuba City.
Would it be totally off base to think they could run Oakland/EMY to Reno 2-3 days a week. Fri to Sun. Airlines have started targeted service like that the last 10 years. The infrastructure is in place. Won’t happen but I think it would work especially if you could use idled equipment over the weekend. Basic transportation without the fun of the former fun train.

But seriously, there's been talk of Reno for the Capital Corridor, but it seems unlikely at the moment.

See Capitol Corridor (PDF) for the developing plans for extending Capitol Corridor Service to Reno.

I think there are plans for a NE extension, to Chico, but I think that's the San Joaquin via Yuba City.

Right. That is not Capitol Corridor. That is what is now called Valley Rail and managed by the San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission which handles both the San Joaquin Service and the ACE Service and any extensions of either of those two. See Valley Rail - San Joaquin Regional Rail Commission.

Back