Howdy from Cow Town

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fell in love with passenger rail eighty or so years ago when my grandmother took me to see the Fort Worth and Denver's Texas Zephyr. It was another ten years before I finally got to ride it, but I was hooked. Since then I have satisfied my love of rails with annual narrow guage rides between Chama, New Mexico and Antonito, Colorado and a precious few opportunities for long distance rail travel every few decades. But I have long had two domestic train trips on my bucket list: Via Canada from Toronto to Vancouver and circumnavigating the U.S. This year I decided to start checking items off the bucket list and booked tickets on Via Rail and the Mountaineer. When I looked at how to get home from Vancouver I realized Amtrak was an option. While exploring the options I discovered Amtrak Unlimited and here I am.

I fell in love with passenger rail eighty or so years ago when my grandmother took me to see the Fort Worth and Denver's Texas Zephyr. It was another ten years before I finally got to ride it, but I was hooked. Since then I have satisfied my love of rails with annual narrow guage rides between Chama, New Mexico and Antonito, Colorado and a precious few opportunities for long distance rail travel every few decades. But I have long had two domestic train trips on my bucket list: Via Canada from Toronto to Vancouver and circumnavigating the U.S. This year I decided to start checking items off the bucket list and booked tickets on Via Rail and the Mountaineer. When I looked at how to get home from Vancouver I realized Amtrak was an option. While exploring the options I discovered Amtrak Unlimited and here I am.
I enjoyed a brief visit to Fort Worth on my San Antonio - Denver trip. Unfortunately, the Raton<>Denver Thruway piece of that trip has been discontinued, but someday we'll have the Texas Zephyr again.

Back