Interesting sight on 58 today

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NativeSon5859

Conductor
I made it a point this afternoon to go catch 58 as she passed an intersection near the New Orleans airport. The consist included 2 P42's, 1 Transition Sleeper, 2 Sleepers, 3 Coaches, 1 Lounge, 1 Diner, the usual baggage car, plus a VERMONTER baggage car! What in the world was the Vermonter baggage car doing all the way down here? Perhaps it came down on the Crescent, I have no clue. It was an interesting sight indeed.

Also, one of the coaches...not sure of the number...looked to be really in need of a good painting. :(

Steve/NOL

Yes, as a matter of fact it did come down on the Crescent on Sunday Jan. 11. A recent post, "Amtrak Crescent, train route information" mentions that both Amtrak P-42 and I saw it go through Atlanta southbound on that date. This post had gotten into how late the train had been running recently.

I've seen a Vermonter baggage car on the CZ out here in California. Those cars were assigned to the general pool some time ago so they're not train specific anymore. Has anyone seen the Adirondack baggage car lately?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back