Joining From California :-)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecetera

Train Attendant
AU Supporting Member
Hello All -

I spent a few hours last night reading the various posts (already learned a lot) and now am approved to post, yay! My husband and I live in So Cal (I’m a Cal native, he is from Chicago) and I have taken the CS twice (2012 and 2014) in a roomette. Last year we spent a month in Europe, and traveled all over via train, from the Thalys from Paris to Brussels, the TGV from Paris to Munich to catch the OBB Nightjet to Venice in a private sleeper cabin, and then multiple Trenitalia trips on high speed and regional trains. I am very excited to take my husband on his first LD Amtrak trip from LA Union Station to SAS — and have plans to take the CS to Seattle next fall before taking a cruise back home.

Since he is essentially retired, and I‘ve been a stay at home mom/parent care giver, we are on a budget, but available to travel last minute, so I will be watching for last minute low bucket deals on the SWC, CZ, etc. since we want to travel more around the country, and head back to Chicago to visit family.

Back