KANSAS CITY MULE

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Have been checking the Mule's arrival in KCY and noticing it most generally is 2-3 hrs late every day, sometimes missing the connection with the SW Chief. I'm leaving STL on May 27 on the Mule, connecting in KCY with the SW Chief for FLG...could someone please tell me what's going on with the Mule and if anyone knows whether or not they hold the Chief for connecting passengers.

Unfortunately, any Amtrak train will not be held for passengers making connections off other trains. However, since the connection time is over 1-hour, then Amtrak is garantees to get you to your destination one way or another. Some options include:

- Bussing from the Kansas City Mule to meet up with the Southwest Chief as bussing takes less time than on the train.

- Putting you up in a hotel for the night in Kansas City and putting you on the next days Southwest Cheif.

- They aslo will, which has happened to me once, give you a refund on the tickets and it's up to yourself to find a way to get your destination (as crazy it sounds, that's how Amtrak does things).

I would investigate taking a morning train to Chicago to connect with the Chief there. You would have a longer connection, and would be less likely to be inconvenienced by a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back