Kiss Jax Trip

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone here is a trip report as promised. Got the 92 due out of Kissimmee at 3:50 on 5/15/2007 The train was going to be late by 15 min sat first. The 15 mins almost turned into a hour due to track work near Lakeland. Got on the train finally, got my seat assignment. After all that I went to the lounge car and decided to have a snack . Got to meet some really nice and intersting people while sitting there. One that caught my attention was an older gentleman. He looked to be dressed as an Amtrak employee, and he had quite a bit of knowledge on the trains and rail system. Then he was showing the other folks and myself a lot of photos of trains. After this was all said and done he got off in Winter Park. I put 2 and 2 together after reading some posts on this forum. I turned to a Amtrak employee and asked if that happened to be the mayor of Winter Park. It went quiet after that little highlight of the trip. We ended getting into Jax Id say no more then 15 mins late. Talk about making up time!

On the 222nd I was due to take the 91 out of Jax at 7:15 am. I got on the train at about 7:00 ish. Got my seat as usual and proceded to the dining car. After arriving in the dining car I was promptly seated after the Amtrak employee got done making a personal phone call. After being seated A wonderful lady from Boston sat with me we got our menus and they took our drink orders. We both had orange juice which was a little warm but not too bad. We both decided on having the Bob Evans scramblers which consisted of eggs with potatoes and sausage and a half order of frenchtoast with a side of mixed cut fruit. All and all it was pretty good besides the toast,which was hard to cut using silverware on plastic plates. We got done with breakfast and I decided to go back to my seat for the rest of the ride home. Got into Kissimmee around 11:00 am. I went to luggage claim and got my bags right away.

Over all and all it was a great trip, the employees were very nice and helpful, especially the ticket clerk at the Kissimmee station, and I hope to do it again soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back